08 October, 2008

St. Pio SOE Blog is back!

Shlomo lkhulkun! ('Peace be with you all' in Syriac)

It has been way too long since I have done anything with this blog. For one reason or another I lost site of it. That is no excuse, however. I plan on coming back with full force, as well as working on the main page of the website. There are some big plans in the works for the St. Pio Society of Evangelists. I will try to update as frequently as possible, insha'allah. Mostly it will be updates in the goings on of the Holy Catholic Church and Eastern Christianity.

In August, I started study at Ave Maria University in Florida. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it's a Latin Catholic utopia. I am really enjoying the University and the town, but I still cannot help feel disconnected from Eastern Christianity. Sadly, most people here are unaware of the beauty of it. Perhaps I could build a small Maronite or Byzantine Chapel and find a priest of one of those traditions, respectively, to come here and teach, as well as do the Divine Liturgy. Maybe someday...

Please keep this website and blog in your prayers (as well as this blogger-student) and I will do likewise! God bless!

No comments: